Is my child eligible to join PYC?
- The PYC is open to singers in grades 2-8, and our choir year runs parallel to the school year. That means that we hold auditions at the end of one choir year for the following year. When we hold auditions, students in grades 1-7 are eligible to audition.
My child doesn’t have any formal training, but he/she loves to sing! Can I still sign them up for an audition?
- Absolutely! Students often come to us with only the musical training that they receive in the school music class. We work with students of all ability levels to help them become confident and knowledgeable singers.
What kind of music do you perform?
- We perform a wide variety of choral repertoire, including music that is both sacred and secular, music in English and in foreign languages, music from all time periods, and music representing a diverse and inclusive group of composers.
Is there a cost to join the PYC?
- Yes, PYC singers pay a deposit for each season and three tuition payments over the course of the choir year. The specific cost depends on the choir level, Junior Choir or Senior Choir.
I’m not sure I can afford that, but I don’t want my child to miss out on this opportunity. What are my options?
- The PYC offers fundraisers and scholarships designed to help offset the cost of tuition. Please contact us by email for more information.
I see that the PYC choirs travel. Where have you performed?
- Our Senior Choir has recently toured in the Bahamas, Canada, San Francisco, and Denver and its surrounding National Parks. PYC has also performed at Disney World and at the Appalachian Festival of Young Voices.